Invisalign® Provider in Palatine, IL
Dr. Skoog is an Invisalign Preferred Provider in Palatine, IL
Invisalign allows you to straighten your teeth in a clear way without braces. Invisalign straightens your teeth by using removable and virtually invisible aligners, which means you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing; and you can still eat and drink what you want.
How Invisalign Works
Your Invisalign® clear aligners are custom-made for you. The aligners are virtually invisible and fit snugly over your teeth. Each aligner shifts your teeth slightly, moving them horizontally and vertically and even rotating them when needed. Your aligners are engineered to use the right amount of force in the right place at the right time.
When you change to the next set of aligners (typically every week) your teeth gradually move into position, following a custom treatment plan mapped out by Dr. Skoog.
Making the decision to straighten your teeth is much easier when you know that Invisalign treatment lets you live your life the way you want to.
- With Invisalign aligners, you don't need to worry about the gum and mouth irritation other teeth-straightening methods can cause.
- Invisalign aligner trays are not only smooth and comfortable to wear, but they're also removable. That means you can continue doing all the things you normally would, from brushing and flossing, to eating whatever you like. With other devices, brushing and flossing properly can often take up to 30 minutes!
- Special occasion coming up? No problem — just take your aligners out for that time and pop them back in when you're ready. Of course, even when you're wearing them, most people won't even know you're going through treatment, because they are virtually invisible!
- Only Invisalign clear aligners are made of proprietary, multilayer SmartTrack® material to gently shift your teeth into place.
- Invisalign treatment is also ideal for your busy schedule, with fewer visits required to our Palatine, IL dental office. You’ll only need to visit us every six weeks!
Is Invisalign right for you?
Invisalign is great at treating several kinds of malocclusions, including overbite, underbite, crossbite, gap teeth, openbite, and crowded teeth. During your Invisalign consultation, Dr. Skoog will evaluate how severe your case is. Impressions, pictures, and X-rays are taken and submitted to Invisalign. A computer will analyze the information and create a treatment plan. As long as you wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours per day, your Invisalign treatment should be successful!
At George Skoog, DDS we can do more than just straightening your teeth. As a general dental office, we can address all issues of the mouth to ensure that your teeth are as healthy as they are beautiful!
For more information on Invisalign, you can visit the Invisalign website.